Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Drop Down Notifications

Options

Hello,

I would like to create a sheet for employee onboarding.  In that sheet I want to have drop downs for supervisor names.  I would then want the smartsheet to email the supervisor that was selected.  Is there a way I can do this? 

Comments

• Tracey Siepser
    Tracey Siepser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like to follow this thread!

Contacting assigned staff for newly assigned rows is always a complicated process in Smartsheet from what I've found so far. I've done some combos with the Contact List column type, today formulas, and notifications to alert specific users about upcoming due dates but it requires one or two formula columns and at least one notification created for each user that needs it. I'm curious what better solutions there are to your question too!

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 02/15/17
    Options

Hi All—

There currently isn't functionality to create conditional notifications (e.g. email a person when they're assigned to a task) but this is a feature we're working on and hope to release soon this year. (Late Feb or March.)

I've got your votes for this on our enhancement request list to provide further visibility to our Product team for demand of the feature.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That will be very useful thanks Shaine. 

RichardR 

SBP

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/16/17
    Options

Ryan,

How many supervisors do you have?