Dynamic View Saving has Changed?

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have required logic at the end of my detail panel that is present if one question above is "Yes". It is currently allowing saving without answering that question and then allowing exiting without completing the required question.

This behavior seems to have started today. Is anyone else experiencing a problem with Dynamic View? Has the save functionality changed?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 12/21/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ker9

In Dynamic View, the submission needs to be saved before the panel can recognize what data was input. This means that someone could select "yes" but it won't recognize that's the entered value until the Save button is selected.

Therefore, if you make a field required but only after a certain value is submitted, the user will need to Save the panel in order for this required field to show up and be required. For example, I have logic stating that if the letter A is chosen, make the Date field Required.

You can see that the letter A was selected, but the date field is not yet Required. I have to click Save, first, then it becomes required since the View can read the submission:

Does that make sense? This functionality hasn't changed, but it may appear different if you're used to users editing rows that already have the different submissions selected, versus submitting new rows.

Please also submit your feedback to our Product Team if you have feedback on how Dynamic View works!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 12/21/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ker9

In Dynamic View, the submission needs to be saved before the panel can recognize what data was input. This means that someone could select "yes" but it won't recognize that's the entered value until the Save button is selected.

Therefore, if you make a field required but only after a certain value is submitted, the user will need to Save the panel in order for this required field to show up and be required. For example, I have logic stating that if the letter A is chosen, make the Date field Required.

You can see that the letter A was selected, but the date field is not yet Required. I have to click Save, first, then it becomes required since the View can read the submission:

Does that make sense? This functionality hasn't changed, but it may appear different if you're used to users editing rows that already have the different submissions selected, versus submitting new rows.

Please also submit your feedback to our Product Team if you have feedback on how Dynamic View works!

Cheers,

Genevieve