Sharing Sheets

SYSPK
SYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 09/13/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

WIth workapps, can I give a bunch of people editing access to a report without giving them any access to the source sheet? Is that a feature that it shares with dynamic view?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @SYSPK

Yes, and you could say that it's similar to Dynamic View for that purpose.

More info.

Here are some examples of how you might use this capability:

• Reveal different parts of a project to specific roles You could create a role for Project Managers which allows people in that role to edit the full project plan and view the metrics dashboard. You can also create a separate role for Assignee, which hides the metrics dashboard and only allows the people in that role to edit a report that displays their assigned work.
    • Give a user access to a report outside of Smartsheet A user who is not shared to an Open Requests report in Smartsheet can be granted editor access to the same report through the WorkApps roles permissions. This collaborator will not be able to see or interact with the report in Smartsheet but they will be able to access it in the WorkApp.
    • Target work assignments Leverage the Current user filter on a report and set the page permission to editor. The report will be filtered to display only the rows that are relevant to the collaborator. The collaborators in a role with editor permissions for the page will be able to edit the row values of the rows that are assigned to them using the WorkApp.  

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @SYSPK

Yes, and you could say that it's similar to Dynamic View for that purpose.

More info.

Here are some examples of how you might use this capability:

• Reveal different parts of a project to specific roles You could create a role for Project Managers which allows people in that role to edit the full project plan and view the metrics dashboard. You can also create a separate role for Assignee, which hides the metrics dashboard and only allows the people in that role to edit a report that displays their assigned work.
    • Give a user access to a report outside of Smartsheet A user who is not shared to an Open Requests report in Smartsheet can be granted editor access to the same report through the WorkApps roles permissions. This collaborator will not be able to see or interact with the report in Smartsheet but they will be able to access it in the WorkApp.
    • Target work assignments Leverage the Current user filter on a report and set the page permission to editor. The report will be filtered to display only the rows that are relevant to the collaborator. The collaborators in a role with editor permissions for the page will be able to edit the row values of the rows that are assigned to them using the WorkApp.  

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SYSPK
    SYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful. Thank you.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SYSPK

You're more than welcome!