Current User Filter showing blank report

I am trying to use the current user filter for a report I setup. The filter is based on the Project Manager Contact List Column and the report should show records when the Project Manager column is = Current User. It works for me but no one else. The people have editor rights to the underlying sheet and to the report itself.

The filter is Project Manager --- Has any of --- 1 value selected (Current User).

I've also confirmed the users are logged into smartsheet with their correct email/user name.

Any thoughts?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Richard Kendall

Strange!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭

@Richard Kendall Did you get an answer to this? Our current user filtered reports just stopped working last week. They were working fine, then stopped. I have a ticket in with SS but have not heard back yet.

Like you our users are shared to the sheet but their current user filtered report shows blank. The weird thing is they WERE working then just all went blank last week.

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

• We have had the same thing happen. We submitted a support case, but we found a temporary fix if you change the column type from Contact List to Text/Number and back to Contact List. I will update when I hear from support?

• Nasir@EBC
    Nasir@EBC ✭✭✭
    edited 10/13/21

Hi all

I am facing the same issue now!

But there seems to be no solution to this problem.

When I see my own report then it shows the correct data for the current user; but surprisingly when when someone else opens that report, it shows BLANK!

Any help please?

Thanks

• Hi @Nasir@EBC

Are the users opening the Report shared to the underlying sheet? (See: Share or Publish Your Report)

• P Lehan
    P Lehan ✭✭
    edited 01/10/23

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same issue where the "Current User" option is not working on my report/dashboard.