Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

regarding Auto Calculate Today date

Heshy Tauber
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi 

I Am Trying to set a Notification on a Collection sheet that i track Collection notes and Promised date when the customer Promised to pay now i have a date column which i type the date we need to call back the customer 

but is their a way to make auto Notifications any date that is past "today "

Meaning to say if i set we have to call back the customer for $ 03/29/2017 and i call on the 29th and i cant get through to the customer i want the next date to remind me again 

Or maybe i can make another column date if original date column is today or past today set todays date so i can make notifications to the 2nd column 

any ideas ?

Comments

• Hi Heshy,

It looks like you're wanting ot set a Reminder that emails you a certain number of days after a date in your sheet. Note that:

-Notifications in Smartsheet email you when specific changes have been made in the sheet.

-Reminders email you based on a date (before, after, or on a date).

Use the steps in the Help Center to set up Reminders: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542913-using-reminders

You can only create Reminders for up to 14 days after a date in your sheet. If you need MORE than that, then you'll definitely want to go with that option you mentioned and add a second date column, then base the reminder on that date.

A neat trick you can use to automate this is to add a formula to the second date column that adds a number of days from your first date column, such as the following example (you'll need to change the example cell reference such that it matched your date column):

=[Call Date]1 + 30

The above adds 30 days to the date.

More on formulas can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

• Hi thanks from reply but i can't know exactly how many days I need 

Since the 1st date is  calculate from last payment date +10 days 

so i need a formula to auto calculate "Today" date if the first date Column is in the Past ?

This discussion has been closed.