Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Screen Snipping Tool

Options

Is there any way to screen snip and have the snapshot saved as an attachment?

The only way currently appears to be screen snipping and save into word and then attach or save as image and then attach that

Comments

• Adam Overton
    Options

I think there are third party tools that can streamline this a bit, or maybe somebody else will come along and describe something else.

I use SnagIt.

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 03/30/17
    Options

Hi Patrick,

On most windows machines (I believe Windows 7 or later), you can capture a screenshot using the Snipping Tool and save it as a JPEG directly from the Snipping Tool.

On a Mac, you can use Shift + Command + 4 to grab an area of the screen, or Shift + Command + 3 to screenshot all screens. This saves as a PNG file directly to your desktop.

I'm not sure of an application that will immediately attach a screencap to an application, though. Even if one happened to exist, I doubt it would work with Smartsheet.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Patrick,

How would the screen capture tool know where to attach the file?

If the screen capture tool can put the file somewhere automatically (SnagIt and Greenshot will) then they could be located somewhere that a third party tool can be triggered on (for example, Zapier)

I use SnagIt, Skitch (no longr supported or available on non-Mac computers), and Greenshot, but not for this use-case.

Craig

• Patrick Galvin
    Options

Well SS would need to develp a tool that could do a screen capture and then insert that as an attachment (with or without comments) to the task row

This discussion has been closed.