Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting on Web Forms

Teresa Sabino
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a way to implement conditional formatting on web forms?  For example, if I have a web form to populate a sheet, I want to be able to implement rules to email certain people based on a specific value selected in a drop down on the web form.  I did try to figure this out using Zapier, but couldn't make it work.  Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Matt Stofka
    Matt Stofka ✭✭✭✭

Hi Teresa.  You should be able to accomplish this with the new conditional notifications features that were released recently.  You can now set alerts to email specific people based on value changes in specific columns.  I've been messing around with it quite a bit over the last few days and it works quite well.  There's nothing specific you'd need to do on the webform, in this case, as the notifications are based on changes in the sheet itself.

https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/new-in-smartsheet-advanced-notifications

What I'd really love to see in concert with these new features is conditional update requests so that you can not only email them when specific values are set, but also request them to do something.  That would be great for approval workflows!

Hope that's helpful.

Matt

• I am going to dig into this.  Thank you SO MUCH for your quick response!!Laughing

This discussion has been closed.