Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Workflow Automation

Options
Amit Sinha
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am sure this scenario has been discussed elsewhere.  However, I was not able to find it.  I am trying to create a workflow using Web Forms.  When an employee fills out a request in a Web Form I would like to automatically send that Web Form (with an additional dropdown field 'Yes'/'No') to the employee's supervisor for approval.  What I see is that this can be done manually by clicking in the column to the right of the row numbers and using 'Send Update Request...' from the dropdown.  If possible, I would like to automate that.  In other words, everytime the employees submits a request through their Web Form...and a row is inserted in Smartsheet - the approval Web Form is automatically sent to the supervisor for action.

Would love to hear from someone who has successfully resolved this.  Thank you in advance!

Amit 

Comments

• Teresa Sabino
    Options

I haven't had the exact same scenario, BUT you should investigate the new notifications functionality that was just released.  You can send conditional notifications - the only thing i am not sure of is the approval prompt being included in the actual communication.  

On your sheet, open up the Alerts window and select New Notification to get started.

Hope this helps!

• Amit Sinha
    Options

Teresa,

Actually, that works!  Thank you so very much for the pointer.  FYI, it allows you to 'Edit' the email you want sent when your condition is met..and that (in my case) would be the approval Web Form.

Appreciate your prompt help!

Amit

This discussion has been closed.