Inserting Duplicate Fields Within A Form

Options
Benjamin O'Leary
edited 06/29/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am currently working on a sheet that requires users to select documents from within a dropdown, and then answering whether or not they will be adopting said document. Since each document may have different answers pertaining to adoption, I can't allow users to select multiple documents at the same time.

My question is: is there a way to take the "document" field and duplicate it within the form? That way, when the user makes their selection for the previous document, they can add an additional document without having to re-fill the form?

Thank You,

Ben

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no way to duplicate the field within the form, but you could set up a separate column for each document as a checkbox type and have the users check the box for each document type they are adopting.

Another option would be to have the documents in a multi-select column and have separate columns for the notes for each document. then use conditional logic in the form to only display the notes field(s) for the document(s) that the user selected.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no way to duplicate the field within the form, but you could set up a separate column for each document as a checkbox type and have the users check the box for each document type they are adopting.

Another option would be to have the documents in a multi-select column and have separate columns for the notes for each document. then use conditional logic in the form to only display the notes field(s) for the document(s) that the user selected.