Assigning Docusign roles to Smartsheet Columns

Jennifer Fulcher
Jennifer Fulcher ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm stuck at Step 4. Does it not let me assign from this page? Do I have to add a formula in the Smartsheet to do this?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jennifer Fulcher

Before setting up the DocuSign configuration, you will need to have the different Roles defined in the DocuSign template that you selected in the previous tab.

Can you confirm how many roles you have in the template?

The underlying Smartsheet sheet will also need to have the related Column(s) for these roles before setting up the mapping. You can either use on Contact Column per role, or two Text/Number columns (one for the Name, one for the Email).

See Step 6 in this Help Article: Create and Edit a DocuSign Mapping or Configuration

If this hasn't helped, try logging out of Smartsheet and logging in again, and also try using a different browser in case there's a specific browser issue going on.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ok - i was able to move past the next step. it have the template pull from docusign. However, when in document builder and I get to mapping of columns to the templete. it will not let me drag and drop. I'm at the screen to actually drag and drop but it will not let me do this.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jennifer Fulcher

It sounds like you've completed the steps in that pop-up window, and are now at this page where the Document itself is on the right with blank fields, and the columns are on the left in a menu to drag-and-drop, is that correct?

When you say that it won't let you drag-and-drop, do you mean that you can't select and drag the column name at all (like in the image, where it's moving), or is it that you are unable to place the field onto the document in the right location?

The screen image above was taken from the Webinar on Docusign and Smartsheet, starting at 18:30, here: https://youtu.be/3gBEefvazbk?t=1110