Mismatching cells notification

I'm trying to create a notification if two cells do not match each others values. We currently would need this is a production environment where a PO quantity is created and as the item is produced, if the department doesn't log the same quantity as the PO, the notification is sent to the supervisor.

For example. IF PO quantity = 10, machined quantity = 9, THEN send notification.

I just can't find an option in notifications to allow this. If the "equal to" option had a column drop down, this would fit perfect.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NateP

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to compare values in a Workflow, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Add a so-called helper column (Checkbox Type). You can name it No Match and use something like the following formula to check the checkbox when the values don't match and then trigger the Alert.
    =IF(OR([PO Quantity]@row = "", [Machined Quantity]@row = ""), "", 
    IF([PO Quantity]@row = [Machined Quantity]@row, "", 1))

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.