24 hour countdown

Does anyone know how to create a 24 hours countdown based on the created column? We need to trigger a notification or update request on a flag 24 hours after the row was created. We work in time zone globally and need to give the team 24 hours to complete their update request.

Thank you in advance.

Joe

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joseph Ventimiglia

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by creating check box column and using the following formula to check it:

=IF([Creatde Date]@Row<=Today()+1),1)

Then you can create a workflow to trigger update or notification for rows with checked box.

and you can add a condition in the workflow to bypass the rows over 48 hours, to avoid the multi time trigger.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/22/21

@Joseph Ventimiglia

i found better solution for you to make your notification triggered exactly when 24 hour is passed:

use the following formula to check the check box ( Only the 24 passed will be checked and trigger)

=IFERROR(IF(TODAY() - [Created Date]@row = 1, 1), "")

and create the following work flow:

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Bassam Khalil,

I appreciate your help.

I will try this formula to see if it triggers 24 hours from the created date and not when the date changes at midnight. We will have several users working in the sheet from different timezone. I will let you know if it works.

Thank you

Joe

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Ventimiglia

Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

• @Bassam Khalil

Hi Bassam,

I viewed the sheet at 9:28am and the box was already checked before the 24 hours of 10:17am.

This is the formula I used =IFERROR(IF(TODAY() - [Case Created Date/Time]@row = 1, 1), "").

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Ventimiglia

Did you checked a row that passed the midnight if the formula worked?

PMP Certified

• @Bassam Khalil

According to the activity log it moved from blank to checked at 9:33Am EST when someone else made an update in another row. The automation triggered at 9:33am EST and sent me the update request.

I viewed the sheet at 9:28am EST and the box was checked, but no history in the cell and the automation did not trigger.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Ventimiglia

Could you Share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data.

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

• @Bassam Khalil

Hi Bassam,

I shared a copy of the sheet to see if you can get the formula to work.

Thanks

Joe

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Ventimiglia

Thanks, I will check it and come back to you ASAP

PMP Certified