Exported Data does not match data shown in Report

I have a Report in Smartsheet that pulls data from multiple sheets. When I run the report, all data populates accordingly. However, when I export the data to Excel, the data from the Primary Column changes to the data from another column. Send help!

Answers

• Hi @KGetchell

I haven't seen or experienced this before. Did you used to have the Primary Column be set up as the City Column and then swap it over at some point in the past? Can you also identify how you're exporting the Report, is it manually through the File > Export option?

I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with a copy of the Excel File, the Report URL and screen captures, as well as when this first started happening. They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve - The Report pulls data from multiple sheets. Each sheet may have a unique Primary Column (City, Site #, etc). Yes, Report was exported through File

Thanks!

• Hi @KGetchell

Can you clarify what you mean when you say each Primary Column is unique?

Reports will take the Primary Column from each sheet and apply it to one column in the Report. This means that if you have City in one sheet as the Primary and Site Number as the Primary in the second sheet, these details will appear in the same column in the Report.

I would recommend ensuring that your Primary column contains the same type of data through all of your referenced sheets, then try exporting the Report again!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now