Access Issues with Smartsheets?

Hi All,

I have a paid license on Smartsheets and need to invite free users to certain spaces/documents to collaborate on work documents. However, when I share to users (both free and paid) with admin or editor access, they can't edit the document and have the 'view-only' version. I've tried contacting Smartsheet with no response.

Any solutions?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bennaali

I hope you're well and safe!

Which Smartsheet plan do you have?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå

I'm on a Pro plan, with only a few free users per sheet

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Bennaali

Make sure that you don't hit the limits described below.

Viewers - Up to 10 per object

Inclusive of users with edit and users with view permissions on the object.

Collaborators (view/edit) - Up to 10 per object

Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that account.

More info.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå

I'm aware of this limit and have not shared any documents to more than 5 free users yet still experience this issue

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Bennaali

Are the users part of your plan?

• I'm having the exact same issue. I'm only sharing with 4 users, all are on an Enterprise Plan at a different company. I have a Pro plan. I've reached out to Smartsheet and again, no response.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LakeWaconia @LakeWaconia

I hope you're well and safe!

The Pro plan will not work for you because the Editors have to be part of your Account.

Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that account.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!