What licensing is required for collaborators, commenters etc please?

Options
robtudor
robtudor
edited 11/24/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have searched but can't find a definitive answer. If I create a project plan in Smartsheet and want people to comment, update or collaborate in general, which of those need a paid license please?

To clarify, in this scenario the creator of the plan would have a business license.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those are more sharing permissions as opposed to licensed vs unlicensed. If a user wants to create new sheets/reports/dashboards, set up automations, create shared filters, and/or a handful of other things then they will need a license, but if they are just updating existing sheet data/comments/attachments, then they do not need a license but need to be shared to the sheet at the appropriate level.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those are more sharing permissions as opposed to licensed vs unlicensed. If a user wants to create new sheets/reports/dashboards, set up automations, create shared filters, and/or a handful of other things then they will need a license, but if they are just updating existing sheet data/comments/attachments, then they do not need a license but need to be shared to the sheet at the appropriate level.

• Adrian Diaz
    Options

HI, If a have a user unlicensed in various sheets and a I need to delete his name becouse he do not work with us anymore, How can Ia do it?. Do I have to delete hem in each Sheet?