Is there a way to tell someone has acknowledged a task has been assigned to them?

I am running into trouble with staff who are saying they never received an update request or something along those lines; however, I have an automation that says it sent. Is there a way for the recipient to acknowledge they have been given a task?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melissa Eipper

You may need to check the notification settings for the individual users under their logins. In their Personal Settings, under Notifications, make sure these are all checked:

And of course double check that their email addresses are correct. Lastly, make sure their email domain is not blocking these emails (if it's the same domain as your email address, and you get the alerts/requests, then you are good here.)

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Melissa Eipper

I hope you're well and safe!

You could have a checkbox or similar that they check and send the Update Request to confirm that they've received, and then you'd have another Workflow trigger with the actual Update Request.

You could also have it sent again automatically if no response has been given.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå This would help - is it in the email that gets sent to them or in Smartsheet itself?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melissa Eipper

They would get the email with a link that would open up in Smartsheet or in a browser, and then they can confirm. You could also make the confirmation simpler by sending an Approval Request instead, and when they Approve, the Update Request will send.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.