How to send 1 approval request email for multiple items?

Options
Carroll Wall
Carroll Wall ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/23/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Smartsheet Community!

I have a list of 40 items that I want to send to stakeholders to either approve or decline.

This will be used as a voting system, where the items that get the most approvals advance to the next step in a process.

When I have used the UPDATE request workflow in the past, the recipients got 1 email with all the pertinent rows.

I set up the APPROVAL automation work flow and sent it to myself to test it and I was very surprised to receive 40 emails, a separate one for each row.

Is there a way to avoid multiple emails when sending out approval requests?

Thank you for taking time to assist me.

Carroll

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Carroll Wall

The Approval Request action in a workflow is currently configured to send one email per-row, as you've found. There isn't a way to group or bundle these approvals into one notification email.

You could potentially use an Update Request to complete the same action (having a column to Update the value to Approved instead of clicking a button), or you could have the users go directly to the sheet or filtered Report to Approve/Decline all rows at once.

Please let the Product team know about your feature request by filling in this form, here.

Thanks!

Genevieve