Data Shuttle - Upload Data from Attachment on Target Sheet

Options

I want to create a tracking sheet where certain columns on a row automatically pulls the data from an excel document that I attach on that row (source and target sheet would be the same).I don't want any information to be overwritten on the sheet, just every time I go down each row and attach the excel document, it's specifically for that row and only puts the data in the row that attachment is on.

Is this possible and any suggestions of how to go about doing that? I've had no luck so far.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paul Lounsberry

There currently isn't a way through DataShuttle designate the exact row that new information will be populated on to. The workflow will either replace all the rows in the current sheet, update existing rows with the matching ID, or add new rows that don't exist to the bottom of the sheet.

This means you could only select "Add rows" from the Row Options and then when you attach a file it will only add new rows to your current sheet. Then once the data is added you can move that row to the correct place.

There's a free Data Shuttle webinar coming up on March 16th, if that would be helpful for you! See: https://help.smartsheet.com/webinars

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paul Lounsberry

There currently isn't a way through DataShuttle designate the exact row that new information will be populated on to. The workflow will either replace all the rows in the current sheet, update existing rows with the matching ID, or add new rows that don't exist to the bottom of the sheet.

This means you could only select "Add rows" from the Row Options and then when you attach a file it will only add new rows to your current sheet. Then once the data is added you can move that row to the correct place.

There's a free Data Shuttle webinar coming up on March 16th, if that would be helpful for you! See: https://help.smartsheet.com/webinars

Cheers,

Genevieve