Date and Time Settings

I am looking for a way to change my date and time settings that does not just impact my profile. I want for everyone else who uses my dashboard to be under the same date and time period that I am using. For instance, it is 9am in my date and time settings, but my colleague is in a different time zone and it is 8am where they are located. How do I make sure that when they look at my sheet or dashboard that they see the same date and time? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answers

• Hi @kennyr

There currently isn't a way to adjust another user's selected Timezone in their Personal Settings, this is unique to each user and under their own control.

That does mean that if you have a System Date column set up in your sheet, each user looking at the sheet will see their time reflected in the date stamp. See: Use a System Column to Automatically Add Information to a Row

If you need them to view Smartsheet items from a specific timezone, you can ask them to adjust the timezone in their settings. See: Adjust your personal account settings

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• kennyr
    kennyr
    edited 03/18/22

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thank you for the quick response! I guess as a follow up to my original response. How would I go about to ensure that my dashboard to reflect my 24 hour operational day (7am - 6:59am EST) instead of the normal time default? I would like for the dashboard to follow the same operational day for everyone who uses it. 

• Hi @kennyr

What is the data you're displaying on this Dashboard? Could you post a screen capture, to show where your time is located and how you want it to be displayed? (But block out sensitive data).

I would suggest using a Rich Text widget to add a disclaimer at the top of you Dashboard about the timezone and your operational day times in EST.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now