Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

formula or workaround...

Options
bgrace
bgrace
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I'm trying to build a sheet to use for our onboarding process.

It would be nice to have on sheet for all positions.

The issue is that all positions do not require the same onboarding activities.

I would like to reference the job title / column and have conditions that would have the sheet only display or include the actions that are relevant to the specific position.

So, at the top, all lines would be used. At the next level, when you enter the position title, only the relevant activity rows, dates, etc. would be visible and active.

I would also like to add conditional formatting that will show workflow and bottlenecks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You will want to use a conditional if formula in each field that would indicate what data should appear depending on what role/title is in your first field. =IF(role1="Manager","Task1", IF(role1="Designer", "Task2", "" ))

That formula would look at the column called Role, and row 1 and determine if it said Manager and input Task1, If it didn't then it would look for designer and input Task2, and finally if none of those conditions passed it would leave the field blank indicated by the "". If each column was a task and you needed and x in it or something, you could replace Task 1, Task2 with an x. You will have to create this formula for each cell across the row. 

For more information on using IF formulas see: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas#if

This discussion has been closed.