Notification when a task has been re-assigned

Hello,

I currently have a workflow that notifies individuals when a task has been assigned to them. Is there any way to create an alert if a task is removed/ re-assigned from them? for example task assigned to A is now assigned to B. Can A receive a notification that this is no longer their assignment?

I looked through the forum and saw a similar question from 2018 without an answer, I would really appreciate your help.

Best Answer

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Gabby M.

Here is a stripped down example, on the task sheet just two columns and the send row automation triggering whenever assigned to changes

I changed the assigned to three times each time it sent a copy of the row to the second sheet.

The second sheet has three extra columns. Two check boxes and one auto system created date

"Newest" Formula find who it is currently assigned to

=IF([Assignment Date]@row = MAX(COLLECT([Assignment Date]:[Assignment Date], [Task #]:[Task #], [Task #]@row)), 1)

"Last" formula find who it was last assigned to

=IFERROR(IF([Assignment Date]@row = MAX(COLLECT([Assignment Date]:[Assignment Date], [Task #]:[Task #], [Task #]@row, Newest:Newest, 0)), 1), 0)

Now you can create a Notification from sheet two that triggers when every the "Last" checkbox is checked telling that person they are no longer assigned to the task.

Answers