Data missing in sheet

Hi everyone,

I have a sheet to let collaborators upload data and photos (insert image into cell) thru dynamic view. I also set an automation to trigger a notification when all needed data and photos are ready. 

The issue I am facing is I received the notification to let me know one of the collaborators uploaded all documents 2 weeks ago. But when I entered the sheet today, some of the documents were missing. When I check the sheet audit log or cell history, there is no any information about when or who deleted the data/photo. 

Has anyone faced the same situation before? 

And beside re-upload the data/photos, is any other solution to have the missing data/photo back?

Thank you.

Answers

• Hi @Ruby Chu

If you received a notification that the image is in the cell, but when you go to the sheet the cell appears blank, yet the cell history doesn't show it as being deleted... is it possible that the image is still present in the cell, it just cannot render a display image?

Try adding a formula to check the cell:

=IF(ISBLANK(Image@row), "Blank", "Image")

If the formula says "image", try double-clicking on the cell, it should open a pop-up window that would allow you to download the image.

If the image is there, it's just not showing, then I would suggest testing out different browsers, making sure your browser is the most up-to-date possible, and testing browser extensions (see: Issue: Smartsheet Is Continuously Loading, Not Responding, or Not Displaying Certain Items)

Let me know if this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now