Date update by a day but only when a box is ticked

Options

Hi all

I have a sheet which has a deadline on it. This deadline may be extended for a variety of reasons (unable to get parts, Waiting for a return email etc) Is there a way to have a check box that, when ticked, It'll add a day to the deadline automatically as it passes. At first, I thought this would be possible via automation but struggling to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Answers

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like you have a Column Formula populating your date right now. Could you incorporate an additional argument that if [Pause SLA]@row = 1, then [Deadline SLA]@row +1 or something to that effect?

• OliC
    OliC ✭✭✭
    Options

Cheers, Jake. I thought about this. The issue is that it'll add a day to the date but not keep adding days while it's paused, as an issue may be paused for a number of days while waiting for a delivery or something, just adding 1 won't cut it. Another issue is that if you uncheck it, it'll remove the extra day.

I've settled for it changing the SLA to the current date until unpaused, as odds are that the SLA will be closed before it needs unpausing. the only time this would be an issue is in the case where we might miss the SLA after it's been paused. still though if I uncheck the box, it'll revert to the original SLA which might cause issues.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok. I'm still not sure I fully follow what you need, but what about this. You add a column to record the date when the checkbox is enabled. Then you add another column that tallies today minus the checkbox date column to get a number to add or subtract to the SLA date. Maybe you'd need another column for a date of when the checkbox is unchecked. I'm not entirely certain, but maybe you can make some sense out of that ramble.