Dynamic View Field logic not working

Options
Mindfull
Mindfull ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/21/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Can I get support on how to add logic in the Dynamic View fields?

I tried it on but it is not working.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Mindfull

Would you be able to clarify what's not working?

Dynamic View logic is different than logic in Forms. In Dynamic View, the logic is based off of what already exists in the row, and it won't auto-adjust as you select different values in the fields.

This means if you're entering data into the panel, you'll need to hit "Save" for the information to enter into the row and for the logic to apply.

If you want to leverage the Form's version of Conditional Logic, I would suggest using a Form as the original intake to the sheet, then you can have the Dynamic View be the URL the form redirects to after submission.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ann Hannan
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.,

I am having the same problem as @Mindfull and I am only wanting to use responses that are already in the row.

I have set the field logic in the Dynamic View to only display a field if the existing field response in the row is equal to one of the options in the dropdown list.

The Dynamic View is displaying the field for all rows, regardless of the response to the conditional field.

Any ideas? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Ann

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Ann Hannan

When you say that it's displaying the field for all rows, do you mean in the main View or in the side Details panel? Dynamic View logic is only for the side Details panel, meaning you'll still see the contents in the rows of the view, just not off to the side to update or change. Let me know if this helps clarify what you're seeing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ann Hannan
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. ,

Thanks for your response. Let me try to clarify.

What I call the "grid view" (or View Display) in Dynamic View, displays a series of rows. For each of these rows, there is a drop-down quality/field called "Affiliation". In the Details Panel, or "form view" of the fields, I have set a field logic based on the field Affiliation. If the Affiliation is Option A, then the Field X should appear. If not Option A, then Field X should not appear. I have included Affiliation as a field in the details panel, just in case this is necessary, but all of the records already have a value in Affiliation which would instruct the logic. The logic is not working - Field X is appearing in the Details Panel for all records, regardless of the value in Affiliation.

I'd be happy if this was user error. Appreciate any insights you can offer!

Thanks,

Ann

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Ann Hannan

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation! Yes, I agree, the expected behaviour is that you should not see Field X in the details panel when "Option A" does not appear in Affiliation.

Is there any chance you could post a screen capture of how you've set up the Conditional rules? (But block out sensitive data)

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Ann Hannan

Thank you for this image! Since the logic is set up correctly, my initial guess here is that perhaps the two fields you have selected aren't set up as "hidden" by default, could that be the case?

For example, here's a simple logic I applied:

However, if I have the "Multi Select" field as visible in the Panel Layout, this actually wouldn't change anything. I needed to ensure the field was toggled to "Hide" as well, so that only the Logic has it visible:

Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Ann Hannan
    Options

Thanks, Genevieve! I think that did the trick. I did not realize that the conditional fields needed to be set to Hide.

Appreciate you keeping up on this topic with me.

Thanks,

Ann

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem at all, @Ann Hannan! I'm glad we got to the bottom of it 🙂