3 Month Compliance Tracking

Options
Jake E
Jake E
edited 06/22/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello SS Community! I've read lots of answers over time but never asked my own question so here goes nothing!

I need to create a tracker for individual employee Compliance for training. We have many tests that each employee performs, but they must stay compliant within 3 months. They can't go 3 months without doing one type of test or they will need to re-certify (which takes time). If I know when they are approaching the 3 months we can make sure they do the test and thus restart their 3 month compliance window.

Ideally I'd love a tracker that automates a notification as someone approaches that 3 month window on not performing a particular test. I'm thinking I'll need to import an Excel sheet weekly or bi-weekly of the tests they performed over that time period. Thoughts on if this is possible?

Answers

• Eva
    Eva ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jake E Is there a reason that you wouldn't keep track of everything on Smartsheet? Why would you work off of an Excel sheet and then work on importing it? The problem you would have once you import the excel sheet, is that you can't replace information that is already sitting there. You would need to import to a new sheet and the information would be new from scratch. Smartsheet automation could definitely notify you within a certain amount of time.

It's possible there is an option with certain add-ons, but generally I would have skipped Excel and had everything set up directly on Smartsheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jake E

I hope you're well and safe!

I agree with Eva that it would be best to have the data in Smartsheet and not use Excel, but if you have to use Excel, you could use the Premium App, Data Shuttle to automate the import.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.