Get Started

Folder-level permissions

Options
12346»

Comments

• stkatch
    stkatch ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would eliminate so much chaos in Workspace areas! I have to create multiple workspaces for different share teams and it confuses those that are shared to multiple.

• Ye S
    Options

Hi, I hope I'm not the only one....

I suggest to introduce the selection to share the Workspace and for Folder separately.

Since I have too many workspaces - it's very important that instead of sharing entire workspace or only sheet by sheet I could select share the folder with the same people

• Melissa Bosi
    Melissa Bosi ✭✭✭✭
    Options

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! MUCH NEEDED!

• Adam Apperson
    Options

Ah, I love Smartsheet forum threads like this one in which a desperately needed feature has been discussed and upvoted in a conversation now spanning years. Coming soon, in 2034!

• GayleE
    GayleE ✭✭
    Options

Weighing in - please please please can we have folder permissions - this is a major pain to have to give access individually within a folder for specific team members who should have access only to certain sheets in specific folders. We also share things with clients in sub folders or partners in sub folders within a workspace and its a challenge to have to manage security at a sheet level - even with putting users in groups by folder space. So PLEASE can we have folder level security?

• Tracy Lang
    Options

we're in 2024, is this on the Smartsheet Roadmap?

• Amanda W _ MSE
    Options

I agree, this would be a great feature to add and would help so much on our portfolios of work as not everyone should have access to the whole workspace. The time it takes to add people at an individual sheet level can take a lot of unecessary time.

• Whitechri
    Whitechri ✭✭
    edited 04/03/24
    Options

I agree. I have a large number of project folders with multiple files each that my entire team needs to be able to edit. I don't want my entire team to be able to change summary reports or dashboards and have too many of these to change each file's permissions. With the current limitation of permissions at the Workspace level, I have to create multiple workspaces depending on the permissions I need for my team.

• DonaldW
    DonaldW ✭✭✭
    Options

This is obviously not possible, as I requested this almost 2 years ago and absolutely no progress has been made.

Has anyone even looked at this request, that is a real requirement judging on the amount of comments and requests in this thread

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. , maybe a consolidation/update is warranted as this thread has a ton of entries/comments.

• Nikki R.
    Options

The last update from Smartsheet on this was from August of 2022, yet it is (and has been for awhile) the highest voted feedback item by the community. PLEASE put this on the roadmap soon!

• dizzy_brain
    dizzy_brain ✭✭✭
    Options

This looks like a deal breaker. I have been testing Smartsheet for over a year now and however I organise it I can't work well without folder-level permissions. Giving users permissions to individual sheets is cumbersome and counter-intuitive. Separating everything into Workspaces in order to separate permissions is also bad as there is no higher level so then everything becomes very flat and messy. What we want is to have project-specific folders inside of a workspace and to assign different group of users permission to different folders and all the stuff inside. Im seriously thinking about moving to another software due to the lack of this functionality.

• RiseUpPNW
    Options

I've seen some other conversations about this going back 2 years and there seems to be a TON of support for it, but I see no indication on if this will be put on the roadmap. This feature would be invaluable! It's simply not practical to share sheets individually when you need to merely share everything in a particular folder . Please please please put this on the roadmap!