Edit locked columns via WorkApp

Options

Hello,

I have a sheet that is shared to a couple of groups of people. One group has Admin access to the sheet so they can edit locked columns, the other does not (only want them editing certain columns).

I would like to have all users access the sheet via a report on a WorkApp.

My question is, will the admin access transfer through to the WorkApp? Or will the user, even though he has Admin access, not be able to edit locked columns through the report on the WorkApp? Will I have to share the report with him directly?

Thanks much,

Andrea

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrea Zenner

I hope you're well and safe!

The permissions/sharing in WorkApps are separate, so the sharing/permission in Smartsheet doesn't transfer.

You select the permission in the Roles you set up.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå, so I understand, even if I give someone admin rights to a sheet or report, if it is shared via a WorkApp the greatest access they will have is editor? Is that correct?

Thanks much,

Andrea

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com