Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Workflows for Alerts

mmurphy14986
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I've been asked to come up with a way for smartsheet to send an automatic reminder to "Assignee" two days before the target date.  This is no big deal and actually very simple to set up; however, the second part is "if the date completed field is empty and equal to or greater than the target date".

I attempted to do this using an if, then statement on a new column named "Reminder Date" and use that as the trigger but now I feel like I'm chasing my tail.

It would be a nice enhancement if smartsheet could apply this type of conditional workflow like they already do for conditional formatting... (wink, wink)

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I used the same technique in our process. But different stakeholders wanted different times before the date so I created several columns - one for each particular row that was pertinent to each stakeholder. Nightmare. But it got the job done. 

• Hi mmurphy and mike, may I know if you guys did mass-alerts?  Or set them up individually?

I have a sheet for action items that will keep growing.  I would like to just put a standing order in Smartsheet to send reminders to everybody in the action column, to complete tasks by the due column). 

Please advise if mass-alerts are possible and how to do it, thanks!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/16/17

Mass alerts can be set up by using the Alerts tab > Reminder > New Reminder. 

Change the user being reminded to your assignee column in the smartsheet... set the ON setting to 2 days before (or whatever timing you want) and then select the finish column or due date column. 

Your Assignee column must be a contact-list column type to be able to select it for sending the alerts. 

2017-05-16_08-35-00.png

This discussion has been closed.