Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Please let Smartsheet work with time

Sometime when doing sign ups we would like to be able to have a time format the same way we have a date format. It would help for signing up for shifts or would allow for a form that you can enter preferred times. Right now we ask people to use a certain format, but it would be great if it could be required so we don't get 1pm, 1300, 1, and 1:00 from different people on forms.

Thanks.

205 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

Better support for time and time-of-day in Smartsheet is something we are exploring for the future. When we believe we are ready to work on this we'll plan to update the status here. In the mean time, please take a look at the TIME function that can be used in formulas, and please keep adding your specific scenario and request in the comments.

Comments

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agree on this! Would help keep the data cleaner and in a uniformed manner.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/02/22

Built in time calcs would be amazing.

In the meantime... Feel free to check out this post that has a number of time based solutions that will hopefully become obsolete soon.

• For planning very time senstive project days / milestone days, where we need a runbooke planned by the minutes entering time in hours and minutes would be great

• Create a "time" type column, either am/pm or military time.

• Hi, I'd like to suggest including a new category type - Time.

A pick list for time (similar to pick list for date) is useful when we run multiple projects with live components. It can surface any conflicts/clashes in scheduling.

Thanks!

• I use the smartsheet also to log product curing times and shift productivety.

For that it would be great if smartsheet that among the column properties --> column type there would be a time function. That way maybe it will be possible to make a time stamp button in the data collecting forms.

• Ken Pavell
    Ken Pavell ✭✭✭

It would be very helpful if SmartSheet provided the ability to calculate time variances. This would all for more efficient timesheet calculations or run times calculations for processes tracked in SmartSheet.

• Melissa Boehl
    Melissa Boehl ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet has the "Created" column which displays the date and time. However, there is no way to calculate hours/minutes later or before. This is a feature that Excel offers and Smartsheet falls short. I hope that this will change in the near future!!

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

• Add "Time" as a specific column type.

• Sameer K
    Sameer K ✭✭✭✭

Some projects and release deployments are time critical and unfortunately Smartsheet does not support date and time format. Appreciate if we can have date-time format supported.

For example, we can have major product release deployment plan with dependencies and with activities durations in hours or mins. Without having the visibility into when the activity starts on a given day and when the next activity starts, it gets difficult to follow the plan.

Hope we can have something like,

Task 1 | 1hr | 04/07/23 10:00 AM PST

Task 2 | 2hrs | 04/07/23 11:00AM PST | Dependent on task 1

Task 3 | 30mins | 04/07/23 1:00 PM PST | Dependent on task 2

• Adilson Mota
    Adilson Mota ✭✭✭✭

Today I have problems with my smart about recording hours in the database, because as there is no fixed formula for recording hours, production points to other characters, example ; or . or,. with this the graphics are not automatic having to manually correct the notes. We suggest setting up a function similar to data, position when selecting data is the correct format to point. place this field to select the hours and then : will appear and only release the hours and minutes.

• It would be useful if smartsheet could provide us with a column where we can extract only the time in the sheet or also use as a column configuration to put it in the forms (same as the date).

That is, sometimes I need to measure delivery times, shipments, processes, etc... However, nowadays I have to create 10 columns and configure ten formulas to obtain something similar.

This could also be useful in the HR area when it comes to measuring the time that a collaborator dedicates to his workday or to his productivity.

• Jill Freuden
    Jill Freuden ✭✭✭
    edited 05/02/23

Please add time formatting to Smartsheet's date formatting options. I need to import class schedules and those imports do not import correctly - they import as dates, not times. As a university, the ability to import class schedules is vitally important.

Additionally, time formatting would offer benefits to those attempting to do time reporting calculations in SS. This is a perfect platform to record employee hours, yet it requires a rather complicated formula to make this work. Time formatting would likely be well utilized for this purpose, especially if there were time formulas to go with it.

SS Support has confirmed the times do not import correctly: 06158298 and eventually found documentation that this is a known limitation.

Thank you for the consideration,

Jill Freuden

• Waleed
    Waleed ✭✭✭

Hi Team

The feature to have column types that include date and time and another column only for time with all automation functions is in need, im waiting for this feature for years and im surprised its not developed yet .

The feature can make the automation way better specially for users who want to create automated workflow at specific time

For example companies ( travel agencies, taxi companies, Call centers or clinics ) who in need to create bookings and reservations for their clients and automation workflow is essential for their bookings and appointments etc .

Last, Smart Sheet members . Please share your ideas and vote for this vote if you need it maybe to grab Production team attention 😔

Thank you ,