Data Shuttle & Most Recent File

Options

Hello,

Is there a way to tell Data Shuttle to upload the most recent file in a folder on Google Drive? Or can it only point to a specific file name as defined in the upload workflow builder?

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Matthew_Lanterman ,

As outlined here, source files can be sourced from Smartsheet and external cloud locations such as Drive. However, the "most recent" sync feature is currently only available for attachments stored in Smartsheet. For that reason, when you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

I hope that this can be of help!

Cheers,

Julio

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One way of doing this is to use zapier to watch the folder. Each time a new file is added to the folder, copy the file to a file called "Latest File". Then have the data shuttle use "Latest File" for it's input.

/marc

• Matthew_Lanterman
    Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Julio S.

Thank you for the information. I submitted my feedback.

Do you know if Data shuttle uses a unique URL for each file in Google Drive as the identifier? Or does it look for the file name in the folder?

I ask because if it uses the URL identifier, I have to re-map the columns each time I want to run the upload workflow, and that essentially defeats the purpose of Data shuttle for this workflow. If Data shuttle looks for the file name in the folder location, then all I have to do is save a new copy of the file, and rename it.

• Matthew_Lanterman
    Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @marc4 , we do not have a zapier account, but that is a great suggestion! Thank you.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can do it with the free level.

• Matthew_Lanterman
    Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note that Data Shuttle can tell if there is a 'most recent' file if:

1. Source location is Smartsheet Attachment
    2. The attachment is a file uploaded from a drive (not a link to a Google Sheet / OneDrive / Cloud location)