Automatically linking different sheets to a master sheet?

Options

Hi, I am trying to create a master sheet with information I need that pulls specific cell data from multiple different project sheets. I know I can use vlookup's and reference another sheet within them but I'm wondering if there is any way to create a template or workflow so that when a new project is added to the projects workspace, we can automatically add a row and all of the values needed, if not automatically then at least by inputting the file name in a cell and then using that cell to pull the sheet reference. There are 120+ columns in the master sheet so updating every cell with the correct reference sheet when new projects are added isnt practical.

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jgro

I hope you're well and safe!

It depends!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jgro
    Jgro
    edited 08/08/22
    Options

Essentially I want to be able to change the sheet each row is referencing based on the sheet name or a defined range in Column 121 so that I can simply copy all of the formulas from one row to the next and then redefine the input in column 121 to reflect the newly made project sheet its referencing

• Jgro
    Options

In excel, this could be done using the =INDIRECT() function, Im wondering if theres a way to do it similar to this.