Data Shuttle Changing Column Types

Options
Matthew_Lanterman
Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/18/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I set up a new upload workflow to bring in data from a google sheet, and when the workflow ran it changed a handful of column types in the target sheet from text/number into drop down columns. This change broke all my formulas in a metrics sheet... After changing the column types back to text/number, all my formulas referencing those columns still did not work (ie. SUMIF was not returning a Sum). I had to manually copy and paste data from the source sheet into the target sheet to get the formulas to work again (copy and paste values did not work inside Smartsheet).

The workflow is setup to replace all target sheet rows with data from the input file, and not to update the drop down choice for selected columns.

Is this a smartsheet support issue? has anyone else experienced this with an upload workflow?

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Matthew_Lanterman,

From what you explain it sounds like this may need to be reviewed with the Support team. If you haven't done yet, I would recommend opening a ticket via this form. Please make sure to include as much information about the items involved (the name of the sheet(s), the date and time when this occurred, screenshots of the behavior...) as possible.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Matthew_Lanterman,

From what you explain it sounds like this may need to be reviewed with the Support team. If you haven't done yet, I would recommend opening a ticket via this form. Please make sure to include as much information about the items involved (the name of the sheet(s), the date and time when this occurred, screenshots of the behavior...) as possible.

Cheers!

Julio