Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Automation - Trigger when date and time reached - change time to 15 min increment

Options

When building automations, the handiest way to test is to set the automation to trigger when a date/time are reached. However, only having the option to set for the hour (6:00, 7:00, 8:00, etc), means that after testing, and discovering a tweak needs to be made, one must wait until the next hour to test again. This results in delays to completion of projects, especially when multiple tests must be completed. It would be nice to be able to set the date/time reached with any time, or at least 15 min increments (6:00, 6:15, 6:30, etc). This would save significant time in project development.

Tags:
17 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Kathleen H.
    Options

This would be a great enhancement! I've had the same issue when testing automations.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/19/22
    Options

Hi @Denise Harshbarger @Kathleen H.

I hope you're well and safe!

I agree to have 15 min increments would be an excellent addition to Smartsheet features.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds in the meanwhile

• What I usually do when I develop client solutions with Automation. I add a so-called helper column (checkbox), trigger the Workflow(s) with it, and then update it before going live.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Pam Ahles
    Pam Ahles ✭✭✭
    edited 03/24/23
    Options

It would be super helpful for the various automated workflows that I have designed to be able to customize my workflows to include Quarterly (Currently only daily, weekly, monthly and yearly is available). In addition, you can only schedule on the hour and it would be more beneficial to be able to schedule workflows in 15 minute increments.