Data Shuttle is duplicating data

Options

I have a smartsheet that is pulling data via Data Shuttle from a Google Sheet (the GS is populated with data from an Alteryx report every hour). Data Shuttle is set to update and add new data.

Each line of data in the GS is assigned a unique number and that data is pulled into smartsheet based on the unique number.

However, In the last two days, the data imported from the GS into the smartsheet (via data shuttle) has started to pull info twice (duplicating lines) despite the unique number assigned to each line. This issue is only duplicating some lines, not all (about 75%). The GS file does not have duplicates.

Any thoughts on why this is happening or how to fix it?

Tags:

Answers

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a screenshot of a duplicate unique ID's in Smartsheet? Do any of your unique numbers have a leading zero?

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Paul,

Yes - here's a screenshot of three duplicates pointed out... you can see that the duplicate checker column has multiple duplicates:

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry I don't see anything obvious. I have Multiple workflows using the settings below and can't find any duplicates.

You might have to contact support on this

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've never had a duplicate in this workflow until two days ago and it's been running for months now. I'll reach out to support if I can't find a solution, or if others aren't able to figure it out either.

Thanks for looking at it.

• Ally Berrich
    Options

Hi Shawn,

Were you able to determine the root cause of the issue? This issue just occurred for me and I am trying to determine why.

Thank you!

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ally,

I don't have a specific thing I can point to. I think it was a glitch or maybe some gremlins? It's been quite a while since the issue affected my sheet. I believe I just reworked the Data Shuttle workflow - a hassle, but I've never had the issue again. I may have even changed the workflow and selected / deselcted one of the "Row options" boxes. It would be worth a try... your data may have specific requirements there. It would be worth trying to change one thing to see what happens and then maybe change it back? You could also make a duplicate of the smartsheet and data shuttle workflow. Then you could make changes and try things without risking your actual sheet. I don't know if my ramblings help, but these are the things that I did, and going through the whole process somehow fixed the issue for me.