Dynamic View and WorkApps

Options

Hi,

I created a WorkApp and am trying to add a Dynamic View as a page via the URL. What I really want to do is share a sheet with contact info for group members so they can search, or filter really, for people and their info, but I’m having a hard time getting it workable in the WorkApp.

My understanding was that if I kept the Dynamic View unrestricted and I shared the URL in the WorkApp, anyone with page permission could see my view, but when I put it in the WorkApp, people are getting a message saying they are not shared in Dynamic View. I also tried putting the Dynamic View in a Dashboard creating a page that way, but we’re getting the same message.

Can anyone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong? I want it to be accessible to free users outside my organization.

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @marnie

There currently isn't a way to publish a Dynamic View so anyone can take a look; you would need to share out the View, either by domain, Smartsheet group, or specific emails.

If you just want your collaborators to see information from a sheet, have you thought about adding the sheet directly to the Workapp? If you're looking to simplify the view, you could build a Report off of the Sheet first, then add the Report to the Workapp. This way you don't have to share the Workapp users to the Smartsheet item.

Cheers,

Genevieve