Smartsheet and Hubspot integration

Options

Hi everyone!

We have several fields synchronized between HS and Smartsheet, but when it comes to numbers, HS doesn't sync numbers that are a result of a formula in a Smartsheet's sheet.

Does anyone know a workaround this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @anaMG

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate?

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• anaMG
    anaMG ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Andrée!

Yes, sure. We provide classes so we use smartsheet to track the hours/classes students have taken, and the hours they have left (we have different packages.) Sales team use hubspot and we want them to be able to see how many hours a student has left so they can reach out to them if they're running out of hours.

So I created a field called "Hours left" in hubspot but i cannot sync them. HS only sync plain text for what I've read, and since (I think) these numbers are results of formulas, they are not sync.

I hope this is clear, and thank you so much!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @anaMG

When you note that you're looking to "sync" these fields, do you mean in a two-way flow? Are you looking to update Smartsheet or update Hubspot? (Or both)

If you're trying to update the Smartsheet sheet with numbers in your Total Hours Left column, then you're correct: since the column has a Column Formula applied it will be locked to any updates or syncs into Smartsheet.

However if you're looking to sync the data from Smartsheet to Hubspot, whether or not Hubspot is able to read the display value from a formula is dependent on how they've set up the integration. I cannot see any note of this in their documentation. I would test to see if removing the Column formula changes whether or not you can sync this column (keeping in mind the regular cell formulas will still auto-fill as new rows are added, based on these conditions).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• anaMG
    anaMG ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevive!

The specific field I'm trying to sync now (Hours left) would go from SS to HS. This value comes from a cross-sheet formula. HS takes only text/numbers from cells that cannot have formulas. So I thought about creating a second sheet, copying the rows (since they are copied as clean text). The problem is that the value of the "Hours left" change every day, and that change does not trigger the workflow to copy the row into the second sheet.

I've set the workflow to run daily, but I'd like it to trigger every time a value is changed, even if this change comes from a formula. I cannot do that now, can I?

Thank you!!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @anaMG

You can set a workflow to copy rows every time a change is made, including when a change is made by a formula... but it depends on what type of formula.

To prevent infinite approval loops, cells which contain cross-sheet formulas or cell links won’t trigger an automation which automatically changes the sheet (Move Row, Copy Row, etc).

However if your formula is an in-sheet formula then the change should trigger this action. 🙂

• anaMG
    anaMG ✭✭✭
    Options

That's great news, even if a in-sheet formula is based on a cell with a cross-sheet formula?

Thanks @Genevieve P. !

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @anaMG

No, sorry I should have clarified. The in-sheet formula would need to be fully in-sheet. Formulas that reference cell links or cross-sheet formulas won't trigger an automation (a bit of a domino effect).

Here's the Help Article with a note to explain more:

• anaMG
    anaMG ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, got it, thanks!

I guess I'll keep with the daily trigger for now.

Thank you so much Genevive!