DataMesh is producing duplicated results and/or not pulling all results over

Options

I would like my data to essentially mirror the results from 6 columns in another sheet. The workflow configuration built is shown below. There are two issues that continue to occur:

1. There are almost 800 lines in the original sheet, however only about half of those are pulling over. There are many duplicate lookup values, but the other columns have different information that needs to show up.
  2. It is duplicating lines. At times, it shows 6 of the same exact line.

I have gone through and ensured that there are no other workflows built for this.

I'm not sure where I am going wrong. Hoping someone can help me and that it is an easy fix!

Thank-you,

Angie

Answers

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Angie Fero,

Did you try to update the workflow settings? You can try and changes the settings like

Overwrite Existing Data in Target Sheet(s) – NO

Duplicates in the Source Sheet - Pick 1st Match

I hope this little change can help, also delete the duplicate entry from your sheet.

Thank You

Kaveri Vipat, Smartsheet Engineer, Ignatiuz Software

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Angie Fero

For your first point, this is an intended behaviour of DataMesh as it consolidates your information based on one key lookup value. You mention that there are "many duplicate lookup values", which means that duplicates in the source sheet will be ignored based on your configuration (this is why not all of your rows are pulling over).

You would need to have a unique lookup value for each row that's matching across sheets for the workflow to bring in all rows. One way to do this could be to have a helper column in both sheet with a formula, where you add the Oracle number to another value on the row (e.g. the Sub MFG cell).

In regards to your second issue, I'm unable to replicate the duplicate rows coming in. If this happens again, please reach out to Support with a screen recording going through how your current workflow is set up.

Thanks!

Genevieve