Best way to create an audit worksheet

Options

Hello,

I have a sheet being used as a "database" for assets that needs to be audited on a regular basis. In the past I made a report to specify the areas/columns of the DB to be audited for each row item and auditors could make changes to the report which would update the DB. I would feel more comfortable if the updates did not go directly into the master sheet, but instead were captured on an "audit worksheet" that could be reviewed. This would also protect against gross errors that could happen in the field during data entry. I was thinking I could duplicate my whole master sheet, and call that "Audit Worksheet" , then run the report off the duplicate. Those updates entered into the "Audit Worksheet" via the report could then get transferred into the original master sheet via Data Mesh. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Deepak Choudhary
    Deepak Choudhary ✭✭✭
    edited 10/02/22
    Options

@PEARCEMI Below are the steps I do to maintain audit trail of any changes to my smartsheets.

1) Create a blank copy of the Smartsheet with the name<Original Smartsheet Name>_Audit_History_1

2) Create a workflow to trigger when any row is added or changed and copy the row to audit history Smartsheet