Backup Options- which backup tool can download sheets with dashboards without removing formattings

Options
Simran
Simran
edited 10/02/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hey, I am trying to find some safe backup options. We have been running the Smarstheet weekly backup, but it does not save the sheets with formatting and formulas and also does not save dashboards. Since we also use Smartsheet for data visualization, we require dashboards to be backed up too at least on monthly basis. I would like to know:

1. What is the most reliable option and most used tool (what worked well for other businesses).
  2. Pros and Cons of the tool
  3. Annual plan

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Simran

If you're looking to create a backup of your Dashboard, I would suggest having your items all in one folder, then use the Save as New feature on the entire folder. This will create exact duplicates of your Smartsheet items and store them within Smartsheet (you could save this folder to a Workspace called "Backups" or "Duplicates" and name the folder with the older date).

This would then save your formulas, formatting, and Dashboard set-ups. See: Copy a folder or workspace

Cheers,

Genevieve