Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Saving a "Form" for later use without submitting as of yet

Options

Comments

• sarshad
    sarshad ✭✭✭
    Options

Jotform has this capability. You can save form data and then come back to it. This is especially helpful with longer forms. Our workaround right now is to send update requests if the initial entry is incomplete.

• Neil D
    Neil D ✭✭
    Options

It would be great to have this feature, I was hoping to find it had been put in place.

• dmcintyre
    dmcintyre ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be really helpful if someone who is entering information into a Smartsheet form could save drafts of their form in case they need to finish entering information at a later time and then can submit once its completed.

• m.loeffler
    m.loeffler ✭✭✭
    Options

I added an automation to return a link to person for updates in case they start to fill it out and don't have all the information. I have a column in the sheet for "Hold/Submit" and use the Hold to trigger the automation to send them back a "Requests an Update". You can set it with options for different submissions, Hold, Hold 1..... and a final submit choice. Have an automation for each hold, then they can alternate and send it back to themselves all they want.

• MMaddie
    MMaddie ✭✭
    Options

We are using forms for complex scoping of ideas - would be beneficial to allow users to save responses/resume form completion rather than start from the beginning upon resume or email a copy of incomplete responses which later has to be manually emailed back

• Hsantos
    Hsantos ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like to suggest an enhancement to our Smartsheet forms functionality that could greatly improve user experience during UAT testing.

Currently, when users are performing UAT testing and have multiple tasks or events to complete, it often spans across multiple days. It would be incredibly helpful if users could save their progress as drafts before officially submitting the form. This way, they can work on the form over several sessions and ensure accuracy before final submission.

Enabling a "Save as Draft" feature within Smartsheet forms could streamline our UAT process and enhance usability for our team. This would facilitate smoother collaboration and testing without the pressure of completing the entire form in a single session.

I would greatly appreciate your consideration of this request. Please let me know if this is something that could be implemented or if there's any further information I can provide to support this enhancement.

• amanda.b
    Options

it would be great to be able to save a incomplete form and be able to recall it or pass it through to another user to complete at a later time.

• TiffanyG
    Options

This is an important idea, especially when we think about using Smartsheet for more automated forms. Please provide an update on if / when this can be implemented in the future.

• adbrown
    adbrown ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I was wondering if there's any plans on adding a feature that would allow forms to be saved in progress. I work with venue security and they go around checking off items during the date of the event. It would be much easier for them if they could check it in the form via the app instead of having to fill it all out at once at the end of the event since information can get lost in the shuffle during the night.

We're looking at other options since we're unable to save and it's really been inconvenient for the contractors we have monitoring the events and filling out the forms. Let me know if there's any push toward making this an option in the near future.

• Danielle R.
    Options

I also agree with all comments above that enabling a "Save as Draft" feature within Smartsheet forms would be incredibly helpful. Setting up Dynamic View or update requests seems like a very complicated workaround. Please do let us know if this might be in the development pipeline.

• Debra L
    Debra L ✭✭✭
    edited 12/01/23
    Options

Agreed---this needs to be resolved as I have also run into this multiple times where I am unable to save a form. My last workaround was to deactivate/reactivate and then I was able to save.

• Rebecca_Kolker
    Rebecca_Kolker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @m.loeffler I like your workaround, but in a Request Update people cannot see the "help text" or any links that included for help filling out the form. I am curious if you have any input on how to do this?

• m.loeffler
    m.loeffler ✭✭✭
    Options

Rebecca, I have not run into that one and have no idea at this time. I will have to think some more on that one.

• Amy Knoll
    Amy Knoll ✭✭✭
    edited 11/09/23
    Options

We are using forms to track employee training topics. Rather than using the update function, would it be possible to save the form and update the fields from the original form?

Thank you for your consideration.