Search function not always working on iOS

Sequoia Pinterits
Sequoia Pinterits ✭✭✭
edited 10/19/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone,

I created some new spreadsheets today, and while I'm able to use the search function fine on the computer, when I search the same thing on the mobile app I get no results.

I'm still able to search many other sheets on mobile, but not the new ones that I created in the last hour. Is there a fix for this? There's no other difference between the sheets that I can search and those that I can't except that the glitchy ones were created more recently.

Please help!

Thank you.

Answers

• Hi @Sequoia Pinterits

The expected search behaviour is that newly created sheets should show in your mobile device within 10 minutes of the sheets being created, however the mobile device does sometimes take longer to index new information. I tested in my own device and a newly created sheet appeared within 10 minutes in my iOS Search.

If you experience slow search times, I would recommend navigating within the Browse section of the App to find the sheet based on location instead of search.

I will note that the engineering team is working on improving search functionality in the future, although I do not have an ETA for when updates will be completed.

Thank you,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now