Viewing attachments in a new tab

Hello,

I have a form with an option to attach an image file directly form a mobile device. That image is then saved as an attachment, but when I try to open it, a new window pops up called "Preview File". The saved images are quite big and this window doesn't have the necessary tools, to enlarge or to inspect them. I don't want to use URL links or proofs, because I want the form and sheet to be easy to use, even for people that don't use a PC daily. Downloading the file also isn't an option.

Is there a way, to open the attached images in a new tab or window, that allows a user to magnify and read even the smallest of texts.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 10/31/22

Hi @Adam Michułka

You're correct that on the desktop version of Smartsheet the Preview File window does not have any customizable options; you would need to download the file in order to open it up in an image editing program.

In this instance I would suggest converting any attachments into Proofs in Smartsheet. The Proofing window will allow you to zoom in and leave comments/markups directly on the image. See: Convert an attachment to a proof

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now