Actual hours in Utilization report

Options
Ira Margoulis
Ira Margoulis ✭✭
edited 01/09/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello all,

Just a quick question. If people do not report hours in organization (meaning that i don't have any "incurred "hours confirmed or unconfirmed), but do have assignments to the projects, my Utilization report is supposed to show the "actual hours" based on their assignment, correct?

Currently it doesn't seem to be the case, as I see a discrepancy between the % shown in the report (for example 67% Actual Hours in specific month) ,however when I drill down to this person assignment i see him allocated 100& during entire month...

Thanks for the help!

-

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Ira Margoulis

You are correct, the Utilization Report is based on the "actual hours" of that resource; confirmed, unconfirmed or future scheduled hours.

Utilization calculates Actual Hours divided by Available Hours, multiplied by 100%. Actual Hours includes hours that you have assigned, but not yet confirmed, yes.

If you're not seeing the correct full percent of Utilization, is it possible there's a filter adjusting your view? Another option may be if this specific resource has different availability set in their profile (availability can be overruled by availability settings within a person’s profile).

Should this not help, I would suggest reaching out to Resource Management Support with full screen captures of what you're seeing including all of your settings, along with the user's email and settings as well.

Cheers,

Genevieve