Dynamic Reports and Control Center Programs

Options
WilliamPaschall
WilliamPaschall ✭✭✭✭
edited 01/11/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am having an issue with our Dynamic Reports. We now have 2 separate Control Center programs that both look at the same Dynamic Report to list all of our high severity risks and issues for our projects. We are actually transitioning from one program to another. All of the projects provisioned from the old program were already connected to the dynamic report. Now when we provision the new project from the new program, it seems like the new Control Center program removes all of the sheets already linked to the report. Is this a normal feature of Control Center or is there a feature I need to turn off somewhere that will not wipe the report clean before it adds new sheets?

Control Center Setup:

Before provisioning new projects with the new Control Center Program:

After provisioning new projects with the new Control Center Program:

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @WilliamPaschall

That's a great question. Dynamic Scope reporting is designed to reduce the sheet count on reports pulling from a Workspace with many projects in it. Ideally to get the sheet count under 1000 but every little bit helps I suppose.

Everytime you provision a project in Control Center it refreshes that report. So if you were to run a project through the original Program again the sheet count should go back to 26, not that you'd want to but just explaining.

Depending on how many sheets are in your Template folder, it might be easiest to remove this report from Control Center/Dynamic Scope Report and aim it at the appropriate workspace or workspaces the normal way until the transition is complete. Any new Projects that go into those workspaces will automatically be added to the report. If you have a new workspace for each project, then you'd have to add those manually.

This is one of those times where...although technically it can be done (configuring 2 Programs' Dynamic Scope Report to the same thing) it probably shouldn't be done.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @WilliamPaschall

That's a great question. Dynamic Scope reporting is designed to reduce the sheet count on reports pulling from a Workspace with many projects in it. Ideally to get the sheet count under 1000 but every little bit helps I suppose.

Everytime you provision a project in Control Center it refreshes that report. So if you were to run a project through the original Program again the sheet count should go back to 26, not that you'd want to but just explaining.

Depending on how many sheets are in your Template folder, it might be easiest to remove this report from Control Center/Dynamic Scope Report and aim it at the appropriate workspace or workspaces the normal way until the transition is complete. Any new Projects that go into those workspaces will automatically be added to the report. If you have a new workspace for each project, then you'd have to add those manually.

This is one of those times where...although technically it can be done (configuring 2 Programs' Dynamic Scope Report to the same thing) it probably shouldn't be done.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• WilliamPaschall
    WilliamPaschall ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Matt. That really helps me out. I will probably go with manually adding them since these projects are all under different workspaces. I really appreciate the quick response.