Introducing a new report builder plus grouping and summary for reports

Comments

• Hi S_Karkhoff, Thank you for your detailed information- this bug is currently in progress by our engineers. We do not have an estimated fix date yet but we are working on it as fast as we can. Thank you for your patience and screenshots!

• Hi Stacie! We are currently working on support for both export to PDF and print for grouping and summary. Our current goal date is in late January- hope this info helps!

• Would be great when counting in the summary if it could count the blanks also.

My different status are grouping together, but when summarizing they are showing "0" if the status is blank- but blank is used as the default status-so it is important to count

• Chris Mondeau
    Chris Mondeau ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/14/20

@Brendan Reed @Madyson Morris , so far so good! However I noticed something quirky with the Sheet Name field. It looks like we lost this functionality for Sheet Summary Reports :/

Not sure how many others used this, but Sheet Name is no longer an option in Sheet Summary Reports, and still does not work in base level sheet reports. This was a super helpful filter for Control Center users as it allowed us to select a workspace as the data source, then filter out our templates that contained Keywords to remove any unwanted sheets.

It looks like old sheet summary reports that were made before this last update retained that field, but it no longer exists.

The field is available in regular reports, but does not filter as expected (if I were to use Sheet Name contains "Change Proposal") it would filter out all rows.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brendan Reed 

Amazing Update, thanks to Smartsheet developers team.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Great feature update. Couple of issues when running sheet summary reports. The grouping is under the column Sheet name. If I hide the sheet column name the grouping information is also hidden. I don't use sheet column names and usually hide or remove this column. But in this new update there is no way to remove (primary column) and hiding it negates the grouping feature.

• Love the new feature and this will help trim the number of sheets and reports I need. One thing that is frustrating though is that when I go to insert a new column in an existing report the new column automatically goes to the end of the report rather than where I do the insert as it did before. I miss that feature, will that be fixed soon??!!

• Sara_Cook
    Sara_Cook Overachievers

I love the new features, and also am excited for the enhancements that are still on the roadmap, especially related to dashboards.

One question - is there an easy way to see at a glance if your report is pulling from Sheet Summary or Rows? When I'm in the report or editing the report I have to just remember if it's Sheet Summary or not. I've been adding "sheet summary" in the title of my report to help me remember, but maybe I'm missing something obvious where the toolbar indicates if it's pulling from Sheet Summary or Rows. Thoughts?? (And maybe this isn't something that is necessary to see at a glance, but it would just help me keep things straight.)

• Love the new report builder. Much easier to use and see data. I am having trouble with grouping a column that is multi-select and would love that feature at some point. Looking forward to the new features being integrated with Dashboards.

• Hey everyone! I just posted about some of the feedback you have given us.

Here is the post

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

Really great feature, but have just found now I can't add a line item to the report that I would normally be able to do with the two way editing functionality. I have to go back to the original sheet and add line items. One of the really helpful features of reports is that I could just add information in when I needed it and update the original sheet.

The view is working but I am finding that refresh to update columns from the original sheet takes time.

Hopefully the bugs will be squished soon.

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

• J Tech
    J Tech ✭✭✭✭✭

How can we remove the total row, but still have all the rows summarised?

Regards

J Tech

If my response has helped you in any way or provided a solution to your problem, please consider supporting the community by marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. Additionally, you can mark it as the accepted answer, which will make it easier for others to find a solution or get help with a similar issue in the future. Your support is greatly appreciated!
  • Sorry, but our FRUSTRATING experience is that the new reporting system has damaged a lot of our existing reports... and we can't see yet any patterns on why or which reports could be affected...

2 MAJOR PROBLEMS

1) Worksheet Names jumbled and confused, looks like we have to re-tick "all worksheets"

2) Filters haven't come through on some reports... I just ran a report normally with 200 rows, now has 87,000 rows because the filter has stopped working. Very bad for auto scheduled reports ... it could disclose confidential data too.

We now have to go through over 150 reports one by one and re-check they all work okay!!!

We are here in New Zealand and about to go on our summer holidays. The last thing we need at the moment are these problems

The timing of this software release is lousy.

Just another point, I think the new grouping summarising features are great... but absolutely USELESS if we can't print them or export as PDF... why release it now, should have been released after export was available.

Sorry to cast negativity... but this is our experience

• J Tech
    J Tech ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Madison Silva & @S_Karkhoff

Do you have an expected timeframe for when grouping and summaries will be available in dashboards?

Regards

J Tech

If my response has helped you in any way or provided a solution to your problem, please consider supporting the community by marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. Additionally, you can mark it as the accepted answer, which will make it easier for others to find a solution or get help with a similar issue in the future. Your support is greatly appreciated!
  • HDR
    HDR ✭✭

Hi, I'm having an odd issue with some cells not showing selection correctly in the GROUPED column. For some, the grouped item adds characters in place of the apostrophe.

I have cleared formats, re-entered the options in the dropdown, etc. and has not resolved.