Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Workspace Shared to panel

Options
lisa.bolger27646
lisa.bolger27646 âś­âś­âś­âś­

Hello,

Would it be possible to reduce or even hide the panel showing who is shared to a Workspace? I'd like to see the names of the content within the workspace far more than who the Workspace is shared to. If the Workspace Shared to section could be minimized, that would be ideal.

Thank you for your consideration,

Lisa

53 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

We appreciate you sharing this idea and it is something we are aware of. While we don't have immediate plans to make a change we are considering this as part of future design updates. Please keep commenting on or upvoting this topic if it interests you.

Comments

• Murilo Souza
    Murilo Souza âś­âś­âś­
    edited 03/09/23
    Options

We need a lot this feature and I think it is easy to implement.

• Micco
    Micco âś­âś­
    Options

Yes to everything everyone has said! Adding a comment and upvote just to help push this enhancement weight.

• Josh W
    Josh W âś­âś­âś­âś­
    edited 03/28/23
    Options

Yes And; Be able to make the 'Workspace Shared To' column narrower. Half the width is generally wasted.

• Lina M
    Lina M âś­âś­
    Options

Please make this change! The shared column takes up precious real estate, especially on a small screen. I have to adjust my screen constantly to account for it.

• VGately
    VGately âś­âś­
    Options

Hi, please add the ability to hide the sidebar. I can't even adjust the size of it. The Shared To sidebar just gets in the way and distracts from looking at the workspaces. And it's not the sort of info you need to see on a regular basis.

Thanks!

• Aly.OlsonTurek
    Aly.OlsonTurek âś­âś­
    Options

Agree with everyone's feedback above that this takes up far too much real estate on the screen, and you cannot even take any action from it! To update who the workspace is shared to requires going to a different screen, so this is just too large for an informational pane.

• ken_p
    ken_p âś­âś­
    Options

Likewise with everyone above... this is what our users see.

We have power users, myself in IT as well as our project managers. We work on big monitors, can afford to use small browser fonts.

However, majority of our users are on laptops with multiple windows open. Some have bigger fonts to cope with vision issues and this becomes an extremely critical usability problem. It is not an exaggeration when I say our users are having difficult time accessing sheets because of this issue. Not only is adjusting the width every time a chore, it is actually very difficult to grab the handle.

• The best solution is if we can customize layout per workspace.
    • If not, at least make both: Browse list/panel and Share To list/panel, collapsible and remember that preference.
    • Worst case, at least make the Name column a priority and shrink the other columns, this should only make sense to anyone.

I really hope this can be addressed as soon as possible, thank you!