Trouble with Chrome Base web interface, no horizontal scroll

Options
Jef Forward
Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello - Is anyone else experiencing this?  

We have several google "chrome base" desktops, (just like a chrome book laptop, only a desktop).....while working from with in the chrome web browser, on the chrome base, we are not able to use the horizontal scroll in the grid view.  We have to resort to selecting a cell, and using the arrow key to move horizontally.   By the way, this is a new problem, this worked just fine about 2 months ago.

Is this a chrome issue or a smartsheet issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!

Answers

• Alana-T
    Alana-T
    edited 01/30/18
    Options

Yes, I am finding this after being given a new Chromebox.  Rather annoying.  I'd really appreciate a resolution please.  

• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So, what I am finding is that this is a smartsheet issue.  In our company, 6 of our 19 people use chrome bases, or a chrome book, and none of them can use the horizontal scroll in any sheet.  This makes the gant chart really hard to use.   This used to work just fine, but now it does not.  We also use google spreadsheets, and the horizontal scroll work just fine.  Can you folks look into this?  I have attached a screen shot...Thank you!

scroll problem.jpg

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/05/18
    Options

My customer is reporting something similar today.

She can not see the area below the horizontal scroll bar either (Alerts & Actions, Attachments, etc..) I did a screen share and confirmed the behavior.

In addition, when I tried going to Full Screen on Smartsheet (the four direction arrow icon in the lower left), in order to recover from this, we had to refresh the browser.

Any ideas?

Craig

• Alana-T
    Options

Hi!  My boss discovered yesterday that if you press 'shift' key then use the little mouse scroll wheel then you are able to scroll horizontally!  Not great, but it works! smiley 

• michaelvulgaris89581
    edited 05/22/19
    Options

If you go in and out of full-screen mode (F11) the scroll bar will show up.

before F11.PNG

After F11.PNG

• Susan Grunenwald
    Options

was this resolved? I do not see any input from SmartSheet

• Mark N
    Options

Toggling Full Screen Mode (F11) does not work for me in Chrome. When will this be fixed please?

• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this was resolved for us....the shift key made it work...Thanks