Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Saving a "Form" for later use without submitting as of yet

Options
1235»

Comments

• LTen
    Options

Agree that there needs to be a save and continue option for forms! This is a serious fault in Smartsheets. I can work around not having sections, but I need a save button for our processes. Forms are timing out and users are frustrated.

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed with everyone here, being able to save a partially completed form is core functionality that is sorely missing. While we all appreciate the fact this feature is on the mobile app, I'd wager a pretty large sum that most forms that would benefit from being able to save and complete later aren't being filled out on a phone.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

This just cropped up as a use case for us. Our transportation folks get audited, and the auditors/trainers use a clipboard to capture their results, then transfer that into Google Sheets. What a pain! So we're trying to roll out tablets to these folks with a Smartsheet form and sheet to capture results and automate the follow-on actions.

Unfortunately we cannot use the Smartsheet Mobile App on the tablets due to lockdown/restrictions in allowing those tablets to authenticate. So we must use something that's broadly available - hence a Smartsheet form link.

The issue is, when using the Smartsheet form in a Chrome tab, it's very easy for the auditor to accidentally drag down the tab and cause it to refresh, resulting in a loss of many answered questions from the form. Again, we cannot use the Mobile App, so having an option in the form to continuous save the draft response would be fantastic!

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Director Dan
    Options

Our use case is that we utilize this for many narrative reports. For example, our weekly report collects data throughout the week and is submitted once a week. Due to the narrative nature, this is entered from a laptop. We have folks that draft it in Word all week and then transfer it to the Smartsheet at the end of the week. Adding the save function to the web application is equally as important as having it available in the mobile application in our case.