Default view card or calendar for Teams integration

Danielle O'Connell
Danielle O'Connell ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 03/08/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi there,

I attempted to see if there was a solution for this out there, but no such luck. Hoping this group may be able to help...

I recently integrated some sheets to a Microsoft Teams channel. The sheets in question when shared in Smartsheet are Card view or Calendar view rather than the standard grid. When integrating to Teams (both sharing and publishing) it will default to the grid view. While the user may switch it over to calendar in Teams, I want to default to this view as an example. I have many end users in the Teams channel that will view this extra step as a blocker to leveraging the solution.

Any tips?

Answers

• Hi @Danielle O'Connell

Have you set up the default view within the Smartsheet application to be Card or Grid?

For your Published sheets, this can be found at the bottom of the publish window:

See: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I have the opposite problem. I set my Publishing Options and Default View to Calendar, but it only displays in Grid view in Teams. Is there a way to change the view within Teams? How can I set the my Smartsheet tab in Teams to access the sheet in Smartsheet by clicking on it within Teams?

• ratcvr
    ratcvr
    edited 04/03/24

I have same problem. Is there any way to add a smartsheet in MS team channel in calender view. it always shows in grid view, even after setting the default view as Calender.

• toddM
    toddM ✭✭

Ha there seems to be a way! First setup your publishing defaults in Smartsheet. Then when you go to Teams to add the tab, instead of using the default "Share" dropdown, change it to "Publish."

• I'm still having the same issue where my tab in Teams shows the Smartsheet file in grid view only. I have the default set properly so when I open it up in Smartsheet it opens in the Timeline view, which is what I want. And I added the tab to Teams - published - trying both read only and allowing access, and it still opens in grid view. Any updated suggestions?