Web form and linking

Options
Benedikt
Benedikt
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear all,

right now I am struggling a bit as I'd like to implement a web form that is forwarding information into a master table from which the new added row should be directly linked to further sheets to be evaluated and qualified.

I had a look in former threads and tried the reporting function, but this won't let me allow to add new information within the report to further evaluate the content.

Is there any option of automatically hyperlinking new rows into other sheets or a way to surround?

I tried hyperlinking blank cells already into my further sheets but in this case any new row added via the form will be added further downwards to the linked blank rows.

You help is highly appreciated

Cheers,

Benedikt

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Benedikt,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way that I know of to hyperlink new rows automatically.

You can automatically copy or move the row with a service as Zapier if that helps you in any way.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again Benedikt,

What kind of new information do you need to add to the report?

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Benedikt
    Options

Dear Andrée,

I get some information from my webform, which is brought into a sheet with some information like, when it was posted, who was doing it and so on.

This information should be evaluated in another sheet as it is clearly arranged then. So things like costs, feasibility,... are evaluated and are in the end brought back to the first sheet with a result only.

So there are several links as the evluation process is divided in more than on part going always a bit more into depth.

Maybe I just pu everything on one sheet and filter the list or create a dashboard for the major information needed.

Thank you so far for yor answer even if it is not working for me :-(.

Cheers,

Benedikt

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again Benedikt,

The best way for your use case depends on who should have access to the information. You could have different reports or automatically copy/move the new form submission to another sheet.

I'd happily work with you and help you with setting up a solution.

If you'd like we can book a time for a free discovery call. How does that sound?

Please e-mail me at andree@getdone.se and well take it from there.

I hope this helps you!

Best,